Singapore Gunpla Society

Please remember to introduce yourself to everyone before heading off into the other sections.
This is just pure courtesy.

From your ~Admins~
Singapore Gunpla Society

Gundam modelling society located in Singapore for everyone around the world

Dear all, this forum will be shut down in June 2017 due to low activity.

Removing nub mark

Oinky
    SGGS Lurker
    SGGS Lurker

Removing nub mark

Post by Oinky on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 10:04 am

Hi guys just to ask a question may I know what sandpaper grit should i use to remove nub marks and to polish the kit surface after removing the nub marks
    weitzing
    SGGS Senior Member
    SGGS Senior Member

Re: Removing nub mark

Post by weitzing on Sun 30 Oct 2016, 3:26 pm

Oinky wrote:Hi guys just to ask a question may I know what sandpaper grit should i use to remove nub marks and to polish the kit surface after removing the nub marks
    Hi there,
    Basically the general process is to start with lower Grit number (rougher) sandpaper and then move up to higher number (finer).  There are tons of Youtube video you can search to view how to do it.

For me, after you cut the nub marks with nipper, then shave off the excess with hobby knife, but be careful not to shave until there is "negative" cavity, since you need some excess to sand it down right?

For sanding - I use #600 or #800 rough sand paper first. After that just go to #1000 (Tamiya brand seems to be the best for me).  After this, it would be more than enough if you doing airbrushing or spray painting.  But if you doing super gloss finish like for car model kits, you can even sand it down finer with #2000 sand paper.

Ultimately you need to find a way you are comfortable with, no hard and fast rule.  Hope this helps.

Thanks

Current date/time is Fri 26 May 2017, 2:20 am