Singapore Gunpla Society

Please remember to introduce yourself to everyone before heading off into the other sections.
This is just pure courtesy.

From your ~Admins~
Singapore Gunpla Society

Gundam modelling society located in Singapore for everyone around the world

Dear all, this forum will be shut down in June 2017 due to low activity.

What airbrush/air compressor have you used or currently using?

Fatenekki
    SGGS Newbie
    SGGS Newbie

What airbrush/air compressor have you used or currently using?

Post by Fatenekki on Wed 30 Oct 2013, 1:19 am

I'll be heading to Hong Kong this Saturday for gunpla/modelling supplies shopping spree due to Macau has few modelling shops with few selections and expensive price.

At first I thought maybe I would buy an airbrush in Macau and then when I looked at the packages and selections (most of them are very, very old models by looking at the worn package and the dust), I thought it will be better to buy in HK instead for cheaper price and more selections. (for every gunpla kits I buy in HK I save about 16+SGD)

I'm doing some research on airbrush/air compressors (there are plenty of Iwata airbrush selection in HK) so I'll have an idea what to get once I'm in HK, and it will be nice if you can share some of your experience with airbrush/air compressor :3

To be honest, I'm more worried about choosing an air compressor as I do paint jobs mostly at midnight (in apartment), so it mustn't generate a lot of noise, I don't want my paint jobs to go wrong when they start pushing my doorbell LOL

I also searched a bit on taobao for airbrush air compressor set. It will be nice if someone can share his experience buying from taobao. For example, this:
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3.w1017-3311452831.25.xX5iuz&id=9191483888&
    LacusHime
    Admin
    Admin

Fun Facts
    Nickname: *Chu~* Its a trap
    Friendliness Level:
    90/100  (90/100)
    Tolerance Level to BS:
    0/100  (0/100)

Re: What airbrush/air compressor have you used or currently using?

Post by LacusHime on Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:50 am

Fatenekki wrote:I'll be heading to Hong Kong this Saturday for gunpla/modelling supplies shopping spree due to Macau has few modelling shops with few selections and expensive price.

At first I thought maybe I would buy an airbrush in Macau and then when I looked at the packages and selections (most of them are very, very old models by looking at the worn package and the dust), I thought it will be better to buy in HK instead for cheaper price and more selections. (for every gunpla kits I buy in HK I save about 16+SGD)

I'm doing some research on airbrush/air compressors (there are plenty of Iwata airbrush selection in HK) so I'll have an idea what to get once I'm in HK, and it will be nice if you can share some of your experience with airbrush/air compressor :3

To be honest, I'm more worried about choosing an air compressor as I do paint jobs mostly at midnight (in apartment), so it mustn't generate a lot of noise, I don't want my paint jobs to go wrong when they start pushing my doorbell LOL

I also searched a bit on taobao for airbrush air compressor set. It will be nice if someone can share his experience buying from taobao. For example, this:
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3.w1017-3311452831.25.xX5iuz&id=9191483888&
    Personally i haven bought such a large item before from taobao , i personally bought my current compressor online and it's a Sparmax TC-610H and it's not bad. Previous compressor was hobbymate and bought from HAG , it's too noisy.

Secondly , HK kits are indeed cheaper than SG but Taiwan still is the cheapest for gunpla. If you're going to visit HK , better off hunting for resin conversion kits or full kits. It's very cheap there. Very Happy 

SGGS Supreme Member
    SGGS Supreme Member

Post by epsilondelta24 on Thu 31 Oct 2013, 3:34 am

amuro, mind sharing where you purchased your compressor and the price/shipping fee? thanks.. good Idea 
    LacusHime
    Admin
    Admin

Fun Facts
    Nickname: *Chu~* Its a trap
    Friendliness Level:
    90/100  (90/100)
    Tolerance Level to BS:
    0/100  (0/100)

Post by LacusHime on Thu 31 Oct 2013, 8:52 am

epsilondelta24 wrote:amuro, mind sharing where you purchased your compressor and the price/shipping fee? thanks.. good Idea 
    I tried finding but i formatted desktop lately all my cache gone :/ Anyway Landel recommend me the site so he might remember. If i remember correctly it's about 300SGD in total including shipping.

SGGS Supreme Member
    SGGS Supreme Member

Post by epsilondelta24 on Thu 31 Oct 2013, 11:18 am

I see. thanks a lot. might invest in airbrush in near future, lol.
    Landel
    SGGS Senior Member
    SGGS Senior Member

Post by Landel on Thu 31 Oct 2013, 6:22 pm

Here's the link guys:
    http://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/mguiuywhwbji5eohd7ja.html?t=1383207457

Website is www.HobbyEasy.com

Model is Sparmax TC-610H.

Many of the modellers in my office are using it and they recommend it.

$303.53 SGD inclusive of shipping. The shipping is fast, takes about a week to deliver (unless there is a problem with your order).

Comes with an airbrush hose. Hose is compatible with Tamiya, Iwata, Sparmax (and I think Mr Hobby) airbrushes without the need for adaptors.

Also supplied with air/water separator/filter that has two output ports for hooking up 2 airbrushes. (You need to buy an additional hose though).

It is not a silent compressor, but is silent enough to use at night without disturbing your neighbours (according to my friend).

AmuroRay please correct me if I'm wrong. Embarassed 

I'm not MIA; I'm just really really busy...  

Fatenekki
    SGGS Newbie
    SGGS Newbie

Post by Fatenekki on Thu 31 Oct 2013, 9:22 pm

Landel wrote:Here's the link guys:

$303.53 SGD inclusive of shipping. The shipping is fast, takes about a week to deliver (unless there is a problem with your order).

Comes with an airbrush hose. Hose is compatible with Tamiya, Iwata, Sparmax (and I think Mr Hobby) airbrushes without the need for adaptors.

Also supplied with air/water separator/filter that has two output ports for hooking up 2 airbrushes. (You need to buy an additional hose though).

It is not a silent compressor, but is silent enough to use at night without disturbing your neighbours (according to my friend).

Wow, that's a really nice site! Thanks for the information!
    epsilondelta24
    SGGS Supreme Member
    SGGS Supreme Member

Post by epsilondelta24 on Fri 01 Nov 2013, 12:36 am

Landel wrote:Here's the link guys:

thanks.. will bookmark that site. good Idea 

apparently I saw gunplasg site, they also have that compressor for S$ 310, could be an option for those who don't want to wait.

on a side note, I saw some badger airbrushes at taka art friend, but I don't know how their price compare to online stores.
    retlif
    SGGS Lurker
    SGGS Lurker

Fun Facts
    Nickname: Earthlings
    Friendliness Level:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Tolerance Level to BS:
    100/100  (100/100)

Post by retlif on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 1:26 pm

I am waiting for my AF186 compressor and HS-30 (compressor + ab) set from taobao to arrive.
    Hopefully it is not DOA or died after a couple of uses. All in all, roughy SGD150?

I also waiting for IWATA HP-CP to be shipped from Japan.
    dalvinho
    SGGS Supreme Member
    SGGS Supreme Member

Post by dalvinho on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 3:48 pm

Am thinking of placing an order via gunplasg for airbrush compressor, either Sparmax AC500S or Sparmax TC-501. Any bros here have any experience with sparmax can help Embarassed ?

Also is it absolutely necessary for us gunpla modellers to have an airtank to regulate airflow?

Really thinking of getting into airbrushing becos my hand-painting is snail-pace...

simoon19
    SGGS Newbie
    SGGS Newbie

Post by simoon19 on Tue 03 Mar 2015, 4:47 pm

retlif wrote:I am waiting for my AF186 compressor and HS-30 (compressor + ab) set from taobao to arrive.
    Hopefully it is not DOA or died after a couple of uses. All in all, roughy SGD150?

I also waiting for IWATA HP-CP to be shipped from Japan.

I got my IWATA HP -CP from japan, that airbrush is sweet. easy to control and nice to hold. I also have another ok only air brush HobbyMate 135. I much prefer Iwata
    newtypekiasu
    SGGS Newbie
    SGGS Newbie

Post by newtypekiasu on Mon 16 Mar 2015, 1:42 pm

Mine's a Techno Takatsuki HiBlow air pump with a Sellery airbrush and another airbrush i got from Ban Hoe Lee a number of years back.

My setup is probably the most ghetto sia. Embarassed
    dalvinho
    SGGS Supreme Member
    SGGS Supreme Member

Post by dalvinho on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 6:56 pm

Been scouting around for places that sell airbrush sets. Eye-ing Sparmax sets since they seem reliable. Originally wanted to get from Hobbyeasy, but its been out-of-stock for awhile now. So I went around hobbyshops locally to check things out. Found this at Hobbypoint, Bras basah. So am posting it here in case any bros are thinking of getting.

hobbyworldsg
    SGGS Lurker
    SGGS Lurker

Post by hobbyworldsg on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 7:08 pm

Hobbyworldsg had recently introduced a wide range of Airbrush and its accompanied accessories brands!

Assess https://carousell.com/hobbyworldsg

We are located at Ang Mo Kio Jubilee Square and we can deal at Tampines daily too.

If you are new hobby fans (whose interested to build and custom model kits such as gundam and tamiya)

We have an informational blogshop called http://lukirmart.com

If you want to know more about what are the airbrush brands and where to buy them:
    http://lukirmart.com/airbrush-singapore-related-accessories-hot-sales/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 24 Mar 2017, 4:14 am