Singapore Gunpla Society

Please remember to introduce yourself to everyone before heading off into the other sections.
This is just pure courtesy.

From your ~Admins~
Singapore Gunpla Society

Gundam modelling society located in Singapore for everyone around the world

Dear all, this forum will be shut down in June 2017 due to low activity.

Where to shop for Gunpla, Resins and Toys in HongKong

DarthYuy
    Admin
    Admin

Fun Facts
    Nickname: MIA/Dead/Retired
    Friendliness Level:
    0/100  (0/100)
    Tolerance Level to BS:
    0/100  (0/100)

Where to shop for Gunpla, Resins and Toys in HongKong

Post by DarthYuy on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:18 am

Thanks to Tuner bro for this!

*Notes are by Tuner bro himself

Anime/Manga and Toys location in Hong Kong:

Sham Shui Po - 69 Hobby Outlet, 69B, Fuk Wing Street, near intersection of Nam Cheong St
    Notes "Discover this place after my I.T shopping in Golden Computer Shopping Arcade, looking for a good Dim Sum restaurant on the same street. Sells mainly Gundam kits, good range"

Mongkok - No. 108, Sai Yee Street, Twinner
    Notes "pricing okay, just corner of Richmond Commercial Building, good Gundam variety. Sells tools too."

Mongkok - Yan On Building, No.1 Kwong Wah Street, next to Paradise Square
    Notes " this is one location a MUST visit for Gundam modellers, a few shops that display professional standard model kits. and i think you can buy those custom made HKG kits there also. but only visit this place after mid afternoon, they dun open so early. there's also a few modelling shops around the corner of the street.and if you interested in BB guns, this is the place too"

Mongkok - Sino Centre, 582-592 Nathan Road
    notes "i would say nothing much great here, more for those school girls type of place with lots of idols stuff. but since it's in mongkok, why not just roam and see see"

Mongkok - Richmond Commercial Building, 109-111 Argyle Street
    my notes "those who are into action figures and tranformers, must visit place. prices here are attractive too. lots of small stalls selling."

Mongkok - CTMA Centre, 1N Sai Yeung Choi St S, Kowloon, Hong Kong
    notes "action figues, anime, toys.. good place to check out"

Mongkok - UML Hobby. Actually they have few branches in HKG. I know Causeway Bay also has one

Mongkok - Lots of shop in Mongkok around Dundas Street between Nathan Road & Waterloo Road. Toys/hobby shop, Airsoft gun shop, RC hobby shop. There are so many of them in that area, just look around.

Causeway Bay - Toyzone, Causeway Bay Commerical Bldg 16 floor, No.3 Sugar Street
    my notes "toys, model kits, plenty. do note only certain lift goes up to 16th floor!"

Wan Chai - Wai Chai Road - Waile Model Center. A shop that's located next to the Eib Tower, selling a variety of MG Gundams and other hobby tools and paints.

Wan Chai - Tai Yuen Street - So call Toy Street of HKG. Gundam kits spotted along with other anime toys.
    my note " good place for BB Gundam kits"
    Wan Chai - Oriental 188 Centre, C C Wu Bldg, 302-308 Hennessy Rd, Hong Kong Island
    Oriental 188 Centre on Wanchai Road in Wanchai distict also on HK Island. Lots of great toy and hobby shops.

Tai Koo Shing
    There is also one shop in Tai Koo Shing (Hong Kong island, same MTR station name). The shop is located on the 2nd floor opposite the JUSCO department store building (there is a flyover from JUSCO leading to the toy store). The store stocks a lot of Gundam related stuff, gashapons and does have quite a good selection of garage kits (mainly older ones though).

Kwai Fong - Kwai Chung, Hong Kong
    Another place worth visiting is perhaps a shopping centre in Kwai Fong (Kowloon side, same MTR name). There is a shopping centre right next to the station with 4 floors and has a handful of toy and game shops!
    焱刀良
    Moderators
    Moderators

Re: Where to shop for Gunpla, Resins and Toys in HongKong

Post by 焱刀良 on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:30 am

Mongkok - Yan On Building, No.1 Kwong Wah Street, next to Paradise Square
    Notes " this is one location a MUST visit for Gundam modellers, a few shops that display professional standard model kits. and i think you can buy those custom made HKG kits there also. but only visit this place after mid afternoon, they dun open so early. there's also a few modelling shops around the corner of the street.and if you interested in BB guns, this is the place too"

This is a MUST go as Tuner mentioned...
    but have to be extremely careful... u might not walk outta there alive..

lookout for a certain shop called JBO Hobby..
    u wont miss it.. coz the moment u walk in.. rows and rows of 1/35, 1/48 resins gundams and FSS welcomes u..

resins can negotiate price.. but dun try negotiating the Bandai kits..coz they are already dirt cheap compared to Stinkapore..

I have no love.
    I feel no pain. No joy. No sorrow.
    I am.. hollow.
    Tuner
    SGGS Newbie
    SGGS Newbie

Post by Tuner on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:42 am

Wo Ho, my post! BTW, this is just a copy and paste of the text from my blog, for those who needs the Google Earth location, have to refer to the links on my blog instead.

http://sdtuner.blogspot.com/2010/09/hong-kong-china.html
    Ultimatron
    SGGS Supreme Member
    SGGS Supreme Member

Post by Ultimatron on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:55 am

焱刀良 wrote:

u wont miss it.. coz the moment u walk in.. rows and rows of 1/35, 1/48 resins gundams and FSS welcomes u..

resins can negotiate price.. but dun try negotiating the Bandai kits..coz they are already dirt cheap compared to Stinkapore..

too much poison? or really a dangerous place to go? Laughing
    焱刀良
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by 焱刀良 on Fri 01 Jul 2011, 11:03 am

Ultimatron wrote:
    焱刀良 wrote:

too much poison? or really a dangerous place to go? Laughing

too damn much poisons!
    :lol!: :lol!: :lol!:

I have no love.
    I am.. hollow.
    hllow
    SGGS Newbie
    SGGS Newbie

Post by hllow on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 7:51 pm

Yo bros, I'm going to hong kong next month. It's a very short trip so if I can only go one place for gunpla would you guys recommend number 1 guang wah street? What is the Chinese name of the building?

Anyone know how much roughly is the Gundam price there? Want to prepare money first Razz roughly how many percent discount off original price? Also is it worth it get paints there?
    焱刀良
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by 焱刀良 on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 7:56 pm

Kwong Wah Street..
    Yan On Building...

JBO Hobby..
    hmmm prices are considered much cheaper then Singapore..
    got my PG Red Frame there for around SGD$190 compared to getting it here for SGD$288

Bring more cash, they dont accept credit cards...

I have no love.
    I am.. hollow.
    hllow
    SGGS Newbie
    SGGS Newbie

Post by hllow on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 8:18 pm

Nice that's really cheap...I suppose I might be able to get says PG 00 for 220? you have trouble bringing them back? Do you check them in?

xfiles_wolvie
    SGGS Members
    SGGS Members

Post by xfiles_wolvie on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 8:20 pm

http://www.waile.com - waile as mentioned above.
    hllow
    SGGS Newbie
    SGGS Newbie

Post by hllow on Wed 10 Aug 2011, 9:52 am

Just came back from Hong Kong. Went to Yan On building and indeed its a gunpla heaven there.

Was a bit disappointed with the bandai kit's price as I was expecting it to be substantially cheaper than Taiwan (Wan Nian Building) Razz But turn out the prices was roughly the same.

I didn't really went around looking for the cheapest price and asked mostly in JBO hobby. They have really impressive display but most of it are resin/custom kits which are really hard for a noob like me to do with Sad

johannkrizalid
    SGGS Lurker
    SGGS Lurker

Post by johannkrizalid on Thu 15 Sep 2011, 11:22 am

hllow wrote:Just came back from Hong Kong. Went to Yan On building and indeed its a gunpla heaven there.

Was a bit disappointed with the bandai kit's price as I was expecting it to be substantially cheaper than Taiwan (Wan Nian Building) Razz But turn out the prices was roughly the same.

I didn't really went around looking for the cheapest price and asked mostly in JBO hobby. They have really impressive display but most of it are resin/custom kits which are really hard for a noob like me to do with Sad

Hi bros i'm currently typing this from Hong Kong. I went to Yan On building and bought for my friend a MG Sinanju for 80SGD(6.4 exchange rate)and a MG Exia (non-ignition) for myself for 45SGD. To be honest, I don't think that the prices there are significantly cheaper than that in Taiwan, but of course it is cheaper than SG.

I visited the shop in Sham Shui Po the other time i came and after visiting JBO I have the impression that the shop in Fuk Wing/Fuk Wa has a better range and better price as well. I mean, they have WALLS of MG gundams. As for the price, MG Infinite Justice is going for 59 SGD, not exactly SUPER cheap, since I could be getting a 2nd hand BNIB MG Infinite Justice in SG from sellers for 65SGD. Quite disappointing to be honest. I'll be going to the shop in Sham Shui Po later in the day to check it out and hopefully bring some good news to the bros here. I'll try to take photos if possible, since my phone is a bit cranky. Smile
    sliver
    Admin
    Admin

Fun Facts
    Nickname: Mighty Banhammer
    Friendliness Level:
    90/100  (90/100)
    Tolerance Level to BS:
    0/100  (0/100)

Post by sliver on Thu 15 Sep 2011, 5:57 pm

Cool! Tks for e field rpt! Very much appreciated!

johannkrizalid
    SGGS Lurker
    SGGS Lurker

Post by johannkrizalid on Fri 16 Sep 2011, 3:06 am

I'm back in SG!

Unfortunately due to the fact that my family spent quite some time at Citygate in Tung Chung, I was unable to take the MTR to Sham Shui Po to check out 69 Hobby Outlet for fear of missing my flight home.

But from my previous visit there back in 04/2010, and my recent trip to JBO in Mongkok, I must say that JBO is worth a visit if 1) you intend to buy/see conversion resins 2) you intend to tour mongkok after your purchase 3) you like replica firearms a lot 4) you like toys/figurines in general, not only gundams. If the above DO NOT appeal to you and you only want to buy Bandai model kits that are at a cheap price with a huge range, then 69 Hobby Outlet is for you, with one other major pull factor being YOU CAN BARGAIN IF YOU BUY/SPEND A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT. By substantial I mean more than 1 model kit, preferably MG cos they are more ex and the shop owners are more willing to reduce their profit and make you a happier shopper. IN 04/2010 I bought MG Musha + MG Kampfer + MG Strike Freedom and they gave me a discount of ~100HKD if I remember correctly.

With JBO that is simply not possible. I tried to bring down the price of 2 MG kits from 820HKD in total to 800HKD but they refuse to budge (actually if they had I would have bought MG Infinite Justice from them, oh well...). So if you're looking for a good deal, 69 Hobby Outlet is pretty awesome.

As for the toy shops in Wanchai, I haven't had the time to visit them, maybe some of the bros here might want to share their experiences?
    conditionred
    SGGS Newbie
    SGGS Newbie

Post by conditionred on Tue 17 Jan 2012, 10:53 am

Tuner wrote:Wo Ho, my post! BTW, this is just a copy and paste of the text from my blog, for those who needs the Google Earth location, have to refer to the links on my blog instead.

http://sdtuner.blogspot.com/2010/09/hong-kong-china.html

Wow Tuner, I love your blog!! Lots of useful info especially regarding HK Gundam shops. May I ask where did you get the catalog for the SD gundams? I like SDs too and have been trying to find a book or catalogue that has most/all SDs produced so far.
    Tuner
    SGGS Newbie
    SGGS Newbie

Post by Tuner on Fri 20 Jan 2012, 5:03 pm

thanks, one of the SD catalog I obtained it from HAG where the lady was very nice to give it to me when I offered to pay for it. As for the other, can't really remember cause I been to so many shops searching for SDs alrdy. Sad to say, I havn't been working on my SDs lately due new hobby. Hope to pick up again this year sometime!
    piecewise
    SGGS Members
    SGGS Members

Post by piecewise on Sun 22 Dec 2013, 6:55 pm

Was in HK the previous week and visited a few shops along Tai Yuen Street in Wan Chai, picked up a RG Strike Freedom at 169HKD ($27.50) and a MG Nu Gundam ver ka at 449HKD ($73). Was looking for the MG Sazabi ver ka but think they haven't had it in stock yet Sad
    sliver
    Admin
    Admin

Fun Facts
    Nickname: Mighty Banhammer
    Friendliness Level:
    90/100  (90/100)
    Tolerance Level to BS:
    0/100  (0/100)

Post by sliver on Sun 22 Dec 2013, 7:11 pm

U can always go hk again..  Twisted Evil