Singapore Gunpla Society

Please remember to introduce yourself to everyone before heading off into the other sections.
This is just pure courtesy.

From your ~Admins~
Singapore Gunpla Society

Gundam modelling society located in Singapore for everyone around the world

Dear all, this forum will be shut down in June 2017 due to low activity.

Taiwan gunpla

xXauroraXx
    SGGS Members
    SGGS Members

Taiwan gunpla

Post by xXauroraXx on Mon 04 Feb 2013, 8:09 pm

hi all,
    heard tat Taiwan sells cheap cheap gunpla related stuff... ard 40% cheaper then retail n 20% cheaper then haw isst confirmed? cos I also paiseh to keep asking the haw guys for price of kit....

I just bk tickets for Taiwan this apr... really cant wait if confirmed cheaper then I must start to think of ways to transport all the stuff I will b buying...

btw did some research n found out that xi men ting n Taipei mrt is a good place to find gunpla is there any more places I could check out???
    ongkh2000
    Moderators
    Moderators

Re: Taiwan gunpla

Post by ongkh2000 on Mon 04 Feb 2013, 9:24 pm

yes. ok mainly i've been there and there are 2 places i can recommend :

First, Wan nian commercial building, 4th floor at ximending. its very easy to walk to, and the variety there is pretty good.Great prices too.

Secondly, Taipei underground mall. Find exit Y, and walk down the stretch and slowly you will see alot of anime/gundam/game shops. The prices are awesome, but the variety is not so much. you'll see more zoids there though. Personally, if u were to ask me, one afternoon is also not enough to thoroughly comb the whole place... lol.

Best is u can find a hotel at Ximending, so that you can visit wan nian everyday.

SGGS Supreme Member

Post by lazyoneeyez on Tue 05 Feb 2013, 11:05 am

I agree with Ong!!!! the two places are like my fav place when i was in taiwan.
    xXauroraXx
    SGGS Members
    SGGS Members

Post by xXauroraXx on Tue 05 Feb 2013, 9:25 pm

kk will definitely go visit when ther... but the price dwn ther is roughly how much cheaper ... recently hag got sale abit itch duno Wana wait or go hoot abit 1st or wait till taiwan trip
    ongkh2000
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by ongkh2000 on Tue 05 Feb 2013, 10:12 pm

up to u ba.. in my opinoin the prices there cannot fight with here de..

meggidodimus
    SGGS Lurker
    SGGS Lurker

Post by meggidodimus on Mon 18 Feb 2013, 4:52 pm

ongkh2000 wrote:up to u ba.. in my opinoin the prices there cannot fight with here de..

ya lor the prices there own the prices here deep deep. i got heavy arms there at around 40 sgd, here sell 60+?
    sanfong
    SGGS Newbie
    SGGS Newbie

Post by sanfong on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 8:43 am

I went to MRT Y area during my last two visits I still did not get any gunpla from there. I will not miss the chance if I go again! :>.<: I will remember to go Wan nian too.
    xXauroraXx
    SGGS Members
    SGGS Members

Post by xXauroraXx on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 9:22 am

wan nian is a must go u wouldn't regret... all the stuff now there are min 40% cheaper then sg... the variety is also woah!!!
    ongkh2000
    Moderators
    Moderators

Post by ongkh2000 on Thu 06 Jun 2013, 6:16 pm

yeap! and the owners are nice people. they might give discounts at discretion. also, if you buy alot (and i really mean alot, like a few PGs or more) you can ask them to pack them in boxes for you.

this is one of the shop there, no idea why there are 2 fb pages.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/%E6%9D%B1%E6%B5%B7%E6%A8%A1%E5%9E%8B%E7%8E%A9%E5%85%B7%E6%9C%89%E9%99%90%E5%85%AC%E5%8F%B8/226867307329284?id=226867307329284&sk=info

https://www.facebook.com/HOBBYEAST/info

SGGS Members

Fun Facts
    Nickname: Epic Hooter
    Friendliness Level:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Tolerance Level to BS:
    0/100  (0/100)

Post by plasmarox on Fri 07 Jun 2013, 11:33 am

ongkh2000 wrote:yeap! and the owners are nice people. they might give discounts at discretion. also, if you buy alot (and i really mean alot, like a few PGs or more) you can ask them to pack them in boxes for you.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/%E6%9D%B1%E6%B5%B7%E6%A8%A1%E5%9E%8B%E7%8E%A9%E5%85%B7%E6%9C%89%E9%99%90%E5%85%AC%E5%8F%B8/226867307329284?id=226867307329284&sk=info

Yeah! this store is so poisonous that, when i leave the store, my wallet is always lighter n thinner for some reason. Question

And in my hands, many boxes of gundam kit. i don't know how it happen! Shocked Shocked

LoL! Smile
    sanfong
    SGGS Newbie
    SGGS Newbie

Post by sanfong on Fri 07 Jun 2013, 11:37 am

Great will definitely visit this shop. Save $ for next year trip.
    sanfong
    SGGS Newbie
    SGGS Newbie

Post by sanfong on Fri 07 Jun 2013, 11:39 am

plasmarox wrote:
    ongkh2000 wrote:yeap! and the owners are nice people. they might give discounts at discretion. also, if you buy alot (and i really mean alot, like a few PGs or more) you can ask them to pack them in boxes for you.

Yeah! this store is so poisonous that, when i leave the store, my wallet is always lighter n thinner for some reason. Question

And in my hands, many boxes of gundam kit. i don't know how it happen! Shocked Shocked

LoL! Smile

Maybe got to plan a day in itinerary to bring a luggage and then put it back into hotel before continue to travel. haha,,,
    plasmarox
    SGGS Members
    SGGS Members

Fun Facts
    Friendliness Level:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Tolerance Level to BS:
    0/100  (0/100)

Post by plasmarox on Fri 07 Jun 2013, 12:59 pm

sanfong wrote:
    Maybe got to plan a day in itinerary to bring a luggage and then put it back into hotel before continue to travel. haha,,,

Usually, people would make taipei their last stop. And would be good if you book your hotel in Ximending. then can shop anytime you want at wan nian. Very Happy
    xXauroraXx
    SGGS Members
    SGGS Members

Post by xXauroraXx on Sat 08 Jun 2013, 2:25 am

taiwanese r very friendly .... I recently hoot 7 MG 2RG 1 SD and qutie afew bottles of paint n some pearl powder n duno how many stands for mg n rg... I only put like $100 sin deposit n when to other place to tour just b4 I was comin b I drop by the shop to collect my stuff n went straight to airport... I was very impress on their service they pack all the stuff so nicely that it is compact and just nice to fit at the overhead compartment... I didn't even see them pack as I forget that I need to check before they seal... when I reach hme i open up the boxes every thing I bought was in plus some freebies... best of all I only spend like at most $600 for all the stuff...
    ACESTORO
    SGGS Members
    SGGS Members

Post by ACESTORO on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 3:19 pm

Guys a question.. u guys buy liao throw away the box or put everything in a box? I will be there in November, however scare luggage no space put too many box of gunpla Very Happy Btw I will be visiting wan nian since hotel is near there..
    lazyoneeyez
    SGGS Supreme Member
    SGGS Supreme Member

Post by lazyoneeyez on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 4:08 pm

Bro Just bring a big runaway bag and put every box inside and check in. Tell them fragile hehe
    weitzing
    SGGS Senior Member
    SGGS Senior Member

Post by weitzing on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 4:32 pm

To me, it will be a crime to throw away all the nice box arts!
    plasmarox
    SGGS Members
    SGGS Members

Fun Facts
    Friendliness Level:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Tolerance Level to BS:
    0/100  (0/100)

Post by plasmarox on Fri 16 Aug 2013, 10:26 pm

ACESTORO wrote:Guys a question.. u guys buy liao throw away the box or put everything in a box? I will be there in November, however scare luggage no space put too many box of gunpla Very Happy Btw I will be visiting wan nian since hotel is near there..

For me, I prefer to hand carry all my kits up the plane. unless we are talking about PG size kits, I would check them in.

Out of all my trips to taiwan, I manage to bring up (16 RG size kits) or (8 MG size kits), squeeze into two plastic bags.

Example below. (each hand 1 of that plastic bag) Size of 1 bag, L 38cm x B 35cm x H 30cm

But, recently, I believe the budget airline staffs seem to be more strict now. they do not close 1 eye anymore. They forced me to check in all my kits, and since my luggages weight have maxed out, I was forced to pay a bomb if i check them in.

Making it worst, they said that if I don't check them in, they won't release my airtickets!

So I plan to pull a bluff on the staff and take the risk. Because as long as you manage to get the airtickets and enter the departure area, it should be alright.

To cut the long story short, I deposit my kits, just to get my airtickets, collect back my kits, hand carry them up the plane and fly back to SG without any problems.

Lesson learn, I might be lucky this time. Next time, I would not risk it and buy more luggage space in advance. Especially with budget airlines. But for non budget, i would still do the same thing! Razz

wanrong
    SGGS Newbie
    SGGS Newbie

Post by wanrong on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 4:18 pm

Guys, the shop you mention(Dong hai) when i check the pricetag its not as cheap as i got from another shop. Therefore i went ahead to get from other place.

From the other shop i spend around 380SGD for the above item.
    plasmarox
    SGGS Members
    SGGS Members

Fun Facts
    Friendliness Level:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Tolerance Level to BS:
    0/100  (0/100)

Post by plasmarox on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 7:45 pm

wanrong wrote:Guys, the shop you mention(Dong hai) when i check the pricetag its not as cheap as i got from another shop. Therefore i went ahead to get from other place.

Yup, dong hai is not the cheapest but their store is the biggest and more organise compared to the other stores. too, i feel that they are more friendly.
    ACESTORO
    SGGS Members
    SGGS Members

Post by ACESTORO on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 9:34 am

wanrong wrote:Guys, the shop you mention(Dong hai) when i check the pricetag its not as cheap as i got from another shop. Therefore i went ahead to get from other place.

Bro can check with you.. do u hand carry them or put in luggage check in.. seem alot i not sure how u do it.. sorry if it sounds weird coz overseas i sledom buy so much big box thing back.. lol
    LacusHime
    Admin
    Admin

Fun Facts
    Nickname: *Chu~* Its a trap
    Friendliness Level:
    90/100  (90/100)
    Tolerance Level to BS:
    0/100  (0/100)

Post by LacusHime on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 10:21 am

Whichever you choose. When i went to taiwan i bought many kits. Obviously i had to check in Dendrobium. I also brought on plane like 6 MG kits. 3 in 1 plastic bag and still able to get on board. For checking in you must remember to get the fragile sticker for it.

SGGS Members
    SGGS Members

Fun Facts
    Friendliness Level:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Tolerance Level to BS:
    0/100  (0/100)

Post by plasmarox on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 3:22 pm

ACESTORO wrote:Bro can check with you.. do u hand carry them or put in luggage check in.. seem alot i not sure how u do it.. sorry if it sounds weird coz overseas i sledom buy so much big box thing back.. lol

AmuroRay wrote:Whichever you choose. When i went to taiwan i bought many kits. Obviously i had to check in Dendrobium. I also brought on plane like 6 MG kits. 3 in 1 plastic bag and still able to get on board. For checking in you must remember to get the fragile sticker for it.
    Yeah! but recently heard from another flight crew, (***STAR) they are stricter now! not sure for other budget airlines.

Read post 18 above for more details!

rally
    SGGS Members
    SGGS Members

Fun Facts
    Nickname: Earthlings
    Friendliness Level:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Tolerance Level to BS:
    100/100  (100/100)

Post by rally on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 6:22 pm

ACESTORO wrote:Guys a question.. u guys buy liao throw away the box or put everything in a box? I will be there in November, however scare luggage no space put too many box of gunpla Very Happy Btw I will be visiting wan nian since hotel is near there..
    Bro don worry. If u buy a lot from them from the same shop, u can ask them to pack for u in a big box. U don have to squeeze all in your luggage, btw I am there nw. Buy some gunpla already, will post my hoot once come bk sg. Lol
    xXauroraXx
    SGGS Members
    SGGS Members

Post by xXauroraXx on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 7:40 pm

yup I forgot which shop I bought from... just tell them that u r going to hand carry up the plane and they will pack it to the size... I ask ard afew shop all of them provide the service... if I nvr remember wrongly u can pack 2 mg n 2 rg into 1 box and hand carry 2 of such box... for budget bcos I carried 4 of such box on board and they nvr say anything... per person is allow 2 pieces of hand carry...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 26 May 2017, 2:15 am